RED LENTIL PATTIES
These patties make a delicious, hearty meal! Red lentils are a protein-rich legume. They’re great because they’re loaded with fiber (1 cup provides about 3/4 of your daily recommendation).
Tip: Try these patties wrapped in a collard green with some tahini on top!
• 1 cup Cooked red lentils
• 1/2 cup Chopped onions
• 1/2 cup Diced carrots
• 1/2 cup Diced celery
• 1/4 cup Ground flax
• 1/4 cup Hemp seeds
• 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
• 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp Coconut oil
• Salt, pepper, cayenne, to taste
1. In frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Saute until vegetables are soft.
2. Transfer to bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mash ingredients with a fork.
3. Place in fridge for 20 minutes (to allow the flax to bind the mixture).
4. Shape into patties (using 1/4 cup of the mixture per patty).
5. Place patties on frying pan for about ten minutes until golden brown underneath. Flip and repeat.